October 9, 2018 at 6:47 pm #2289Katrina RobertsParticipant
Dear Members, please find below a job opportunity at Speak Up Studio, Brisbane
Speak Up is looking for a new speech and drama teacher to start in term four. Please see job description below.
Speak Up Studio creates exciting and engaging Speech and Drama and musical theatre programs that build confidence and encourage children to be positive about speaking up. Speak Up programs (based at our home studio in Red Hill, and at multiple primary schools throughout Brisbane) give children the opportunity to make friends, dress up in costumes, develop a love of reading and literature and extend their performance technique in a supportive, non-competitive environment. We help students develop confidence, creativity and communication skills that will help them in school and stay with them for life.
What We Offer
Speak Up Studio’s hires extraordinary people, and supports them every step of the way. Our leadership approach is about finding inspired people, and giving them a platform to do what they love. It’s as simple as that. Our office is filled with laughter, Disney music, and cheerful people who are serious about the benefits of performing arts education. We are a growing business, and offer fantastic opportunities for growth or advancement, based on each of our team member’s specific skills and career goals.
You have a strong background in the performing arts, and have gravitated toward education because you believe in the power of drama to positively affect the lives of young people. You have experience teaching speech and drama to students in a variety of settings, especially working with students to develop performance items.
Your kind, positive approach to communicating with students and parents reflects your passion for teaching and learning. In your lessons, you find the perfect balance between learning experiences that are on the one hand energetic and silly, and on the other hand, professional and organised.
You are an example to your students and you are always well presented and punctual. Your work both in the classroom, and outside ensures that Speak Up Studio is viewed as a professional organisation by current and prospective parents.
You travel to your various classes through the week, and deliver Speak Up Studio content in an engaging and non-competitive manner. Your high quality work and commitment ensures long term student retention. Your work is valued and you are remunerated not only for the time you spend teaching, but also for time you spend preparing for lessons and following up after lessons.
Experience and Professional Background
• Experience in speech and drama
• Experience teaching primary school aged children
• Qualifications in drama, education (AMEB, Trinity, or relevant tertiary degree)
• Excellent skills in interpreting and performing prose, verse and drama
• Ability to teach and manage behaviour
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to work autonomously
• Attention to detail
• Positive attitude toward working as part of a small team
• Positive attitude towards children
• Enthusiasm and passion for communication
• A current Blue Card (or the ability to obtain one)
• A current First Aid Certificate (or the ability to obtain one)
• A current driver’s licence and your own car
• Available between 7am – 9am & 3pm – 6pm Monday to Friday (10 – 20 hours per week)
• Prepared to attend Speak Up concerts and events approximately twice per term
The Following Applicants Need Not Apply
• Please do not apply if you do not have qualifications in speech and drama, theatre, or education
• Please do not apply if you are studying education, and still have prac hours to complete. (We would love to hear from you when you have finished your prac but your availability will not work with the majority of our classes that end at 9.00am, and start at 3.00pm)
• Please do not apply if you do not have a drivers licence, and own car
Please email your resume and cover letter to Miss Cathy Clur via email@example.com. Please demonstrate your attention to detail by ensuring that your cover letter is in the body of the email (not an attachment) and that your resume contains at least two contactable referees, and is attached as a PDF. Applications close 5pm 14th October, 2018.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.