March 26, 2019 at 8:52 pm #2687Katrina RobertsParticipant
Please find below a job advertisement from Speak Up Studio, Brisbane.
Speak Up is looking for a new teacher to join our fabulous and supportive team.
What We Do
Speak Up Studio creates exciting and engaging Speech and Drama and musical theatre programs that build confidence and encourage children to be positive about speaking up. Speak Up programs (based at our home studio in Red Hill, and at multiple primary schools throughout Brisbane) help students develop confidence, creativity and communication skills that will help them in school and stay with them for life.
What We Offer
Speak Up Studio’s hires extraordinary people, and supports them every step of the way. Our leadership approach is about finding inspired people, and giving them a platform to do what they love. Our office is filled with laughter, Disney music, and cheerful people who have experienced the benefits of performing arts education in their own lives, and who wish to pass them on. Our teachers are inspired, creative and supported with regular professional development and weekly meetings to check in discuss upcoming events as a team.
Who You Are
You have experience teaching speech and drama to students in a variety of settings, especially working with students to develop performance items.
Your kind, positive approach to communicating with students and parents reflects your passion for teaching and learning. In your lessons, you find the perfect balance between learning experiences that are energetic and organised.
You travel to your various classes through the week, and deliver your lessons content in an engaging and non-competitive manner. Your students can’t wait to return to their classes each week. Your work is valued and you are remunerated not only for the time you spend teaching, but also for time you spend preparing for lessons and following up after lessons.
Experience and Professional Background
• Experience in speech and drama
• Experience teaching primary school aged children
• Qualifications in drama, education (AMEB, Trinity, or relevant tertiary degree)
• Excellent skills in interpreting and performing prose, verse and drama
• Ability to teach and manage behaviour
• Excellent communication skills
• Remarkable organisational skills
• Ability to work autonomously
• Attention to detail
• Positive attitude toward working as part of a small team
• Positive attitude towards children
• Enthusiasm and passion for communication
• A current Blue Card (or the ability to obtain one)
• A current First Aid Certificate (or the ability to obtain one)
• A current driver’s licence and your own car
• Available between 7am – 9am & 3pm – 6pm Monday to Friday (10 – 20 hours per week)
• Prepared to attend Speak Up concerts and events approximately twice per term
Please email your resume and cover letter to Miss Cathy Clur via email@example.com. Please demonstrate your attention to detail by ensuring that your cover letter is in the body of the email (not an attachment) and that your resume contains at least two contactable referees, and is attached as a PDF. Applications close 5pm Friday 29th March, 2019.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.